Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Matt Nathanson




So guess who i just met?
I'm kinda in love.

Songs to listen to:
- Kiss Quick                       - Mercy
- Run                                  - Car Crash
- Pretty the World               - Kept
- Modern Love                   - Love Comes Tumbling Down
- Come On Get Higher       - Faster
- Princess                           - I Saw
- Room @ The End of The World

First off.  Matt Nathanson is AMAZING live.  I found this free concert near my house at a winery and we went tonight, and there was only probably 150 people.  We were so close.  He was even better live than on recordings, which is saying a ton, trust me.  His voice was like honey or something, as lame as that sounds.  And there was so much power to what he sang and what he played.  You could tell he really meant what he sang, if that makes sense.  Plus he was incredibly funny.  There was only him and the other guitarist from his band who also sang backup, but it was so perfect.  Afterwards he was out signing stuff and i got a cd for him to sign.  Honestly...i'm on a little bit of a high from it, heehee. 
Plus, his lyrics are insanely awesome.  Simple but really creative at the same time.  It makes me wish i could write like that.  AND, he's from San Francisco.  How cool is that?  He's totally local!  To me at least, haha.
Anyways, it was amazing.  I love his music so much.  His new record is brilliant, I've been listening to it nonstop since it came out.  Check it out, please.  And all the rest of his stuff, really.  I love it :)

xx
E

No comments:

Post a Comment