Thursday, July 7, 2011

Da Maine



I <3 The Maine.

Songs to listen to:
-Inside of You                      -Saving Grace
-The Town's Been Talking  -Growing Up
-Color                                  -Whoever She Is
-Into Your Arms                  -Girls Do What They Want
-Listen To Your Heart         -The Way We Talk
-Everything I Ask For         -We'll All Be...

Okay so, I've listened to these guys for a while, and they to this day are still one of my favorite bands. Let me explain.  At first they may appear to be simply a cliché, punk/pop/rock typical boy band.  And who knows, maybe they are, but honestly?  I think they got something special.  There's this one song, Growing Up, and it almost made me cry the first time i heard it...basically, they totally nailed it.  And another song, Inside of You has become one of my favorite songs of all time.  I can't really explain why, exactly, because I'm not sure, but i love it anyway :)  Sure they have their fair share of semi shallow lyrics, but hey, they do it with awesome mixed in.  And then they got their fair share of deep.  Which is just pure amazingness.  
I just went to one of their concerts a few weeks ago with two of my best friends, and can i just say this: They. Were. Amazing.  They sounded amazing live, and plus we were literally like ten feet away.  Which was so freaking cool!  John, the singer, was really cool with the crowd, he talked to specific people and made jokes that were adorable.  Garrett, the bass player, was the only other guy from the band that really talked, and he was kind of just downright weird.  But, i mean that in the best of ways, he was adorable and he made me laugh.  They seem like the type of band that would be really cool to hang out with.  And.  I kind of have a tiny crush on the drummer, Pat.  Just, you know...if anyone wants to know. :D

Anyway, if you haven't heard of them look em up, you won't regret it.  And if you already listen to them, i'm so with you!  Haha, later loves.

xx
E


1 comment: